Lakeland Role Playing Guild provides two gaming events each month on the 2nd and 4th Fridays from 7:00-11:30pm. We meet at 3140 Troy Avenue in Lakeland (inside the UU Congregation of Lakeland).

Our events provide multiple scheduled gaming tables as well as room for open tables for board games or card games or pick up RPG games. Check out our event descriptions in the category Guild News, Announcements, and Schedule.

Events are free to check out, although we do encourage regular attendees to join the Guild. Beginning in Activity Year 18 (Sept 2017), dues are $40 per person to become a member. If you do not wish to become a member, after two visits as a guest, there will be a $2 door charge to play. Your dues help us pay for our rent of the space and other items as needed.

We do not provide matchmaking services for home tables. We do not advertise home tables. We are involved primarily with running our two mini-con events each month. If members wish to recruit for their own personal home tables, they are welcome to do so both at Guild events as well as in the member-only section of the forum. The Guild holds no responsibility for those tables run outside of Guild.
Welcome to the new Lakeland Role Playing Guild forums. All content has been imported from our old system and slightly reorganized. If you encounter any issues or cannot located particular content, drop me a message in the Off Topic category by including @mightyrocket or send us an email at guild @ lakeland-rpg.com.
Are you looking for a game or have an open spot at your home table? We added a Looking for Game category for Members only. Be sure to check it out. Game on!

Novius Somnium - finale

Posting about the ending of the 1st campaign for the random fantasy adventure. My table ended with an accidental TPK. The item was destroyed and at the same time was the only item keeping the islands weather under control and without it, the natural order came in and caught up with quite a few generations of nasty weather patterns all at once.

I will let Stephen discuss how is adventure went.

Comments

• Uh yeah, it was destroyed by the GM who decided to have the priest turn the guy holding the item into a rat. :) So the accident was not on the part of the players..hehehe....poor Ralph.
    "Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."
    -- G. K. Chesterton
  • No cataclysmic storm can hold down the awesomeness that is Bjorn: Polymorphed Cat!! :lol:
  • though I must say that the guild in no way encourages the the throwing of dice, as they may . . . Put out an eye, injure a passing ninja, disrupt the flow of emotional chi, . . . nah, they may become lost and no gamer can stand losing their dice.
  • Ralph" said:
    The item was destroyed...
    LauraW" said:
    ...the priest turn the guy holding the item into a rat.
    Just how does one go about accidentally destroying an Artifact forged by the gods? Or were you just considering it an item crafted by a 21st level caster?

Stephen's session ended with the Artifact in the hands of the players after they cheated in a one-on-one duel, and subsequently took some nasty trap damage. The question now is, how will the 'Barbarian' village react to the success of the party? I vote that the Warlock(the only character with ranks in Bluff) stagger into the village alone and CLAIM that he got the Artifact, but that he alone survived. If he dies like a pansy wizard, then we know not to trust the 'Barbarians.' The Dwarf would volunteer himself for such a mission, mind you, but he's a lousy liar ;)

take care and have fun,
    Nate
    Sheet metal battle grid.....'For Sale' sign character sheet......the guild shoebox of stuff......fear my REDNECK POWER!!!
  • Nate" said:
    I vote that the Warlock(the only character with ranks in Bluff) stagger into the village alone and CLAIM that he got the Artifact, but that he alone survived. If he dies like a pansy wizard, then we know not to trust the 'Barbarians.' The Dwarf would volunteer himself for such a mission, mind you, but he's a lousy liar ;)
    I see, always the humanitarian huh? Though really, it doesn't matter how bad of a liar you are, but how low their ability to sense motives is.